The Kawana Waters Swimming Club aims to create and give all members of the community every opportunity to achieve their swimming potential, irrespective of ethnicity, age, disability, gender or background.
The club aims to be an inclusive swimming club and actively seeks to remove the barriers to learning and participation that can hinder or exclude individuals from participating in the sport of swimming.
We aim to raise awareness by providing a culture where inclusion is embraced by all members of the club, and programs and pathways are provided for all swimmers, irrespective of who they are.
More information from Swimming Queensland on Inclusion can be found HERE with specific information regarding Multi-Class swimming can be found HERE.
Safe Sport Framework – Keeping our Sport Safe
The following is from the Swimming Australia Website – The safety of children and young people in our sport is paramount. We want swimming to be fun, enjoyable and safe for all. All of us in the Australian swimming community have a role to play in ensuring that we keep our proud sport as safe and enjoyable as possible.
The Safe Sport Framework (SSF) confirms the shared responsibility we all have for keeping each other safe in swimming – children and adults alike. The Safe Sport Framework replaces our previous child and member welfare policies and procedures from 29 July 2016, as well as our Codes of Conduct. It:
- Specifically commits to keeping our Children and Young People safe in swimming;
- Clarifies and raises the standards of behaviour for dealing with Children and Young People through a new “Code of Conduct for dealing with Children and Young People”;
- Consolidates our previous role-specific Codes of Conduct into one General Code of Conduct;
- Strengthens and clarifies processes and procedures when safe sport concerns or incidents arise;
- Requires more rigorous recruitment and screening procedures, as well as reporting by all organisations in swimming; and
- Provides guidance, advice, tips and tools to assist us to keep each other and our sport safe.
To ensure you are Safe Sport compliant, be sure to enrol and complete our free online course (45-60 min), delivered in partnership with Victoria University:
The link to the resource pages: